Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's day this year - Maura's first, Holden's second and Nathan and my's NINTH!

Holden, Maura and I started the day by going to our Mothering Matters group and decorating sugar cookies (thanks Jenny for baking!). Maura also got some new (used) clothes from Jenny's daughter Rachel.

After we arrived home, Nathan had a dozen red roses and chocolates waiting for me. He also had a beautiful card for me, and one from Holden as well. But, the best card Nathan had was for Maura. In it he wrote to her, "I want to try my best to be the man in your life from now until you find a Godly man of your own." Those words still bring tears to my eyes.

In our mailbox, Maura and Holden received Valentine's from their Great-Nana, G-Pa and G-Ma. Holden LOVED the stickers and immediately started putting them all over his body.

We ended our night with a nice, romantic dinner at our table, from Panera. Clean-up was a breeze.

The past nine Valentine's days have made my life - and I cannot wait to celebrate more and more with my perfect-for-me husband, and my best-for-me children.


2 comments:

  1. You know I love this post! How could anybody look so good in a plaid shirt? I'm glad he loved the stickers. I'm also really glad you had a good Valentine's Day, Meredith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post! And beautiful words written by Nathan. You guys are such great parents. =)

    ReplyDelete